Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mohammed Masoud
• What are some thoughts and feelings you have when watching your own video?
• I thought that I am just a Robert doing some stuff that he have to do! Not moving, and I felt by looking at the video that I cant move from the couch, that I have to stay sitting down and I wasn’t feeling that while I was texting and listening to music on my I-pod and being on face book!

• When you think about living your physical experience being largely what is shown on the video, how does that seem to you?
I didn’t believe that I stay like this sitting down doing nothing except of moving my hands and for hours, I felt like I am a lazy person and if I would do that for hours everyday I would turn a fat kid

• Would you want your little sister (or future son) to spend a lot of time doing this stuff?
• No I wouldn’t like that for my little sister or my future son, and if you tell me why u don’t like it to your little sister or future son but your doing it, its because I got used to it already and I cant just stop it like that! So I won’t let my little sister or my future son to do it and get addicted to it and focus more in school and play more sports and have a better health and a better life!

• What do you think of the contrast between what's happening ON the digital representation device and what you look like interacting with the DRD?
• I looked like I was interacted with it a lot because I was smiling and I had this shocked face for a second from reading some text messages that I had! So I was focusing on it a lot more than other things!

• What do you think of ideas like the Wii that are supposed to make this contrast less stark?
I think the Wii is a video game but it had less bad effecting on the kids or the person whos playing than other video games because when you play on the Wii you move and be active not sitting down and not moving! Its like playing a real sport!




My best friend
1) What do you think about technology?
I think technology is good, because with out of technology we would be bored because no cell phones no video games no TVs no iPods ect…

2) Do you think that it’s affecting bad on us?

Yes and no! Yes it is, because people stay in front of the video games for hours, they can’t go out and do something and be more active!
No, because what we would be entertained with?


3)What would you think if technology was never invented and today society?
Life would be so dull and boring and people won’t know each other as much as they do today!

Homeless guy!
1) What do you think about technology?
It would be boring and we would have nothing to do!
I think technology shouldn’t be updated as it is today

2) Do you think it’s affecting bad on us?
Yes! Because people as in today are not as physical as they should be, since this technology makes them slack around.

3) What would you think if technology was never invented and today society?
if this technology wasn’t invented it would be more peace around the world since there wouldn’t be as much as violent.

1 comment:

  1. Mohammad,
    I like how it felt like you were talking to the reader. I could imagine you saying this to me. I also liked how you talked about how you would turn fat if you did that all day. One more thing I liked was how you talked about how you felt in every question. You explained how and sometimes why you felt a certain way.
    The idea I thought you were trying to get across was that by sitting and not moving anything but your hands is not healthy. You also said that we are lazy and I think that is very true. Just the other day my friends asked me to go outside to play any sport and I said I was too lazy and tired. I think that if I were to spend less time on digital I would be more active. You also stated that you didn’t think I was a good thing and that we were all addicted. And that you would never let you son our sister use as much digital as we use.
    I think that because our generation is getting more and more lazy that the obesity rate will increase not because of over eating but because of people sitting all day not moving and using digital. This also connects to what I wrote about how I liked like a robot. I think that when we use our digital devices we turn into robots. We just do commands like type and read. When people create robots they try to make them as close to human as possible but because of digital the gap is closing between man and robot.
    I think you should proof read what you write or use word and copy and paste. I have horrible grammar and spelling so I know that when you read my comments you might see some mistakes. In the final paper you might not want to have mistakes or sentences that don’t make much sense. But I was able to understand what you were trying to say. You could have also spent more time if you wanted and add more detail. But overall it was good as it is. I like your ideas and the way that you presented it.
    I fell that when you talked about being addicted that it more that since everyone is doing it people do it. Of a large group of people were to stop using digital then some people might stop. But because it is so convenient people are not going to stop unless they are given a reason to.

    Nice work Mohammad.

    ReplyDelete