Sunday, October 25, 2009

feed A h.w #12

feed, its basically talking about how were depending a lot on technology in our life to the level were addicted to it and we cant stop doing some certain stuff like (watching TVs, playing video games, cell phones, computers) , its might not clear to some people that there living that life, because they cant notice these stuff because there using them everyday and its normal to them they cant notice that its effecting bad on them some how! Feed is making of us and I think he can make fun of us because he’s right In his point and we deserve it!

feed is telling that what were doing in life is nothing and were getting nowhere , because if we want to calculate something well use a calculator if we want to get any information about anything well just go Google it on the computer or phone! This way were not getting any smarter, technology is closing are minds and making us think that its impossible to do what the devises can do for us(get information or calculate anything …etc) its like just use what we got from devise’s to get what we want (information or what ever) and not think of other way to get what we want and get smarter and be independent!

I agree with feed about are digital lives, were not doing anything we be texting most of the time with people probably talking about same stuff again and again, just wasting are own time , sitting not moving or doing anything healthy pressing these buttons! I am one of these people that be texting a lot, and I cant stop it its like I got addicted to it, its not just me its most of the teen in America were not getting the world any better, teen in the middle east don’t have i-pods or cell phones to text but most of them are doing there homework always and getting A’s in there class’s, because I think they don’t have anything to distract them on doing there homework and studying for there exams, and they want to learn so they can get money and live better life! We here have the money and cloths and girls and cell phone…etc and were not doing good as them!

most teens wont get to the tragic level of feed or they wont even notice it, most teens knows that what there doing is a problem and a waste of time (from texting and playing video games for hours…etc) they just don’t care and I don’t think they see it as a problem, because there having fun and there is nothing effecting bad that second on them, they don’t know that they could do a lot of other things that can teach them new stuff like reading books and they could like play sports better than playing video games(sitting down just watching the screen, imagining your self moving and jumping while your just sitting and not moving except of your fingers) , some teen just copy other people In texting and all that stuff because they think its cool to do because there friend is doing it and there friend is cool, its being someone else not themselves!

1 comment:

  1. Mohammed,

    The post that I really enjoyed reading was FEED 12A. There were a specific couple of sentences that I think are the start of something very interesting. “…if we want to calculate something well use a calculator if we want to get any information about anything well just go Google it on the computer or phone! This way were not getting any smarter, technology is closing are minds and making us think that its impossible to do what the devises can do for us.” Technology is closing our minds. We don’t need to think for ourselves anymore we can have a machine do it for us, not even another person.

    I think the point you were trying to make in this piece of work was that you focused on the addiction and constant need for fast information. You kept on touching upon the fact that you were very addicted to texting. You then brought up the fact that in the Middle East people our age don’t have the access like we do to technology. You said that they actually do their work and get good grades in school because they are not as distracted as we are. Lastly you ended your piece with discussing how the only reason you use technology the way you do is because the rest of the world is influencing you to believe that is what is cool.

    I want to connect myself to your thoughts on the Middle East. When I went to camp this summer I had no phone, no computer, no Facebook for 2 months. I did so much more with my time. I did things that I really enjoy to do and had no distractions to take away from my complete happiness. I felt healthier, rested and all together a better person. Do you think that since you have become addicted to technology it has made you a less happy person or a more happy person? When I came back to reality I became this whole other person and the person I was over the summer was gone. I remember saying to my friends at camp that I was going to try to use less technology but of course that didn’t last very long. It feels as though I don’t know what else to do sometimes, and that makes me very sad.

    I think you have a good start for this but I felt as though while reading it you repeated you same argument a lot. Maybe you can expand on the part about the Middle East because I think we forget sometimes that just because we are addicted to technology doesn’t mean that everyone else in the world is as well. I think it would be interesting to compare a US teen to a Middle East teen, and explore that further.

    Your post made me consider the idea of what my life might be like if I didn’t live in the United States, how I would interact with the rest of the world. I think its weird to think that most of the world doesn’t live the way we do because sometimes I feel like we get so close minded (myself included). I wonder if I would be happier living in a world where there was less in front of me and if maybe I would appreciate what I had more.

    Good Job!! Keep exploring and thinking!

    ReplyDelete